Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Feel So Lost

I had a friend call yesterday who was feeling really down and overwhelmed by life. One of the phrases she said was "I feel so lost". Well, her words were not unfamiliar with me. I have recently been feeling much the same way and have said those very words to myself. When we lose focus we get lost. Lately, I have teased my husband because he can easily go the wrong way or miss our turn because he is focused on something else. I even suggested today that I should start driving us and he would probably pay more attention to where we are going!


Psalm 125:1-2 says "Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion. It cannot be shaken; it remains forever. Jerusalem - the mountains surround her. And the Lord surrounds His people, both now and forever." I cannot be lost if I am in Christ. These verses tell me that when I trust in Him I am like a mountain and cannot be shaken and that the Lord surrounds me now and forever! I cannot be lost when I trust in the Lord! I cannot be lost when I am focused on the One who surrounds me and is the source of my strength. Thank you, Lord, for Your Word and for the promise to surround me and keep me strong. Thank you for never moving away from me and reminding me where I can always find you. Help me to see you everyday. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment