Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gaining A New Beginning

I was sorting through books last week and came across a book entitled "Gaining Through Losing". The book didn't draw me in but the title has stuck in my mind ever since. I have been on a weight loss program since the first of the year so losing has definitely part of my life and unfortunately the gaining part has too on occasion over the past 8 months. It feels very defeating to have to re-lose what I've gained. Throughout this journey of weight loss my goals have been to learn and adopt a healthier lifestyle. My main focus has been on changing and incorporating better food choices. One of the main things I have focused on is "losing" my constant desire for unhealthy foods and "gaining" a desire for healthier foods. I don't want to just substitute low calorie copy cats of previous favorites like 100 calorie packs of Fudge Strip Cookies or 100 calorie cupcakes. I want to learn to like good, healthy foods and to be disciplined and satisfied with occasional "treats". Through this process I am learning to gain control and health and lose bad food habits.

This blog will chronicle my process of gaining through losing in every aspect of my life. As I have pondered this phrase this week, the Lord has been dealing in my heart about some other areas I need to do some losing in so that I can gain what He has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment