Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Think On These Things

I have really been losing a lot lately! Before anyone gets to excited, it's not weight. What I am losing may be more important, my preconceived, unrealistic expectations of myself. Over the past year of losing 70lbs, I have focused a lot on the physical part of weight loss. All the food choices, changes, and preparations, strength training, cardio, how much of all of the above, scales, pounds, inches and the so on and so on. I have always believed that the mental component of weight loss is as important but my reality has not given it the importance it deserves. "Finally (sister), whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is praiseworthy or excellent-think on these things." Philippians 4:8 I love the way this verse starts, FINALLY. After more than a year and 70lbs later, I FINALLY am focusing on the more important things and this may move the scale more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment